Channel 2 vs. Channel 3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nazgul666

Reaction score
Alright, so the more I fool around with my new Dual rec the more I like it. I am really leaning toward channel 2, not just for leads but for everything. Channel 2 vintage gets good leads AND rhythm.

What do you guys think of channel 2 vs. 3?

I have been going back and forth myself. The setup that seems to work best for me is Ch3 Modern for high gain, Ch2 Vintage for high gain but a little less aggressive or the Ch2 Raw mode for lighter to medium gain tones.

I am trying to refine the Vintage gain on either channel to be my main high gain tone as I like the mid voicing better. I end up back on Ch3 Modern though because I can't seem to get the 'blanket' off the vintage modes without it getting to bright and harsh.
I may start my own thread to discuss my issues with my amp....not sure I am helping you much :)

I'm familiar with Dual Rectifiers 2 channel and 3 channel but ...

Does the DR 2 channel have "channel cloning"?
Did they due away with "channel cloning" with the DR 3 channel version?

Seems like channel cloning was somewhat a cool idea but never caught on. Tremo-Verb had channel cloning and seems like it was the flag ship to the Road King where the Road King did away with the channel cloning and instead have 4 independant channels.

Just a thought ... :eek:

boogieslide said:
I have been going back and forth myself. The setup that seems to work best for me is Ch3 Modern for high gain, Ch2 Vintage for high gain but a little less aggressive or the Ch2 Raw mode for lighter to medium gain tones.

I am trying to refine the Vintage gain on either channel to be my main high gain tone as I like the mid voicing better. I end up back on Ch3 Modern though because I can't seem to get the 'blanket' off the vintage modes without it getting to bright and harsh.
I may start my own thread to discuss my issues with my amp....not sure I am helping you much :)

Your helping. Keep it up. Any info is good.

boogieslide said:

I use mine this way when I'm playing in my cover band. Channel 2 in vintage hi gain with the gain about halfway up = gold for a classic/radio rock cover band. It cleans up to a lighter overdrive when you roll off the volume, yet has enough crunch for most everything you want to do.

I use it for a Soldano-esque "singing" lead tone in my original band, too.

Last night I tried a TS-9 up front with awesome results. My favorite mode with the TS-9 was Channel 2 modern.

I'm falling into the same problem! I hear many guys praising channel 2 for its high gain tones, claiming they are much better than channel 3 modern....

So, I give it a try, and it sounds like there is a wall between me and the amp...the notes don't come out and punch me like channel 3 modern does.....no matter how I dial it in.....

Staying with Channel 3 Modern :twisted:

3 Chan owner:

2nd Channel on Vintage is my go-to channel for almost everything. 3rd Channel Modern for brutal metal chugging (rare these days :p ) and 1st Channel on Clean for all my fuzzes!

Clean sounds.. I use a different amp :oops:

Back