Change-up!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottapaul

Reaction score
Well, going back and forth with the weight problem of my rectoverb 1X12 and the annoying reverb trail I kept getting when I switch from Dirty to clean. I decided to trade the amp in and get a solo head. I figure I could buy two cabinets a 1X12 and a 4X12 for the big stuff.

Took a hurtin' at Guitar Center. I was in my 30 day exchange limit but I put boogie wheels on the amp and they would only take it in as a used trade. Felt like I was violate when they told me what the trade-in value was!! Ouch!!

Well the solo head sounds great. I at least got a new set of El-34 they through in. curious to find out if it will give me any better tone or not? It sounds so good now, I can't image it sounding any better!

I was also able to pick up a mint-condition used boogie 4X12 stand cab for $500.00. She sounds great!!!

Congrats on the new amp!!

Yeah, they might as well give you a little tube of KY when you trade in an amp! The trade in value is usually about 1/2 of what the used selling price is. I was offered only $450 for my mint ROV combo when I thought about trading it off, I then decided to sell it and got a good price for it. A few stores wouldn't even accept it as a trade in, they said Boogies "don't sell 'round these parts". (Yeah, I'm only 50-100 miles from where the Beverly Hillbilly's were originally from).

I thought I was a head/cab guy for a while because I didn't think I could find the tones I wanted in a combo, then I got the ROV and my Triple recto sat in the closet for 3 months (until I sold it). I then got a T-verb head and then sold my ROV for the T-verb combo and still used the combo more than the head, even though it weighed over 100 pounds. I now have a RK combo (120 pounds) and I'm thinking of selling my Genz Benz 2x12 to help finance my GAS :lol: . But as soon as I sell it, I'll want another head.

Congrats again and have fun!!

Well, I got a mint condition used cabinet for $500.00

3amigos.jpg

Here is my amp in all its glory with my three babies!

Back