Can't see the knobs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firmani99

Reaction score
So I'm sure many of you have noticed that in a dark room its near impossible to see where your knobs are on a rectifier. You have to be right up on it. I would hate to ruin the clean look of the knobs but I want to hear what if anything you guys have done. Paint the dots? Sharpie? Nail polish? Just curious.

I have one of these clipped to my pedal board, and one to the front of my head.

http://www.mightybright.com/Craft-Lights/DoubleFlex-LED-Book-Light/

Ahh, there have been a few threads dealing with this very topic. Here is a summary of the answers and alternatives you'll get:

1. *Tune with your ears, not with your eyes. Turn the knobs until it sounds good. You don't need to see your knobs.
    *You can swap the knobs. The Mesa Express series knobs fit, or use any aftermarket knob with a 1/4" shaft diameter and an overall outside diameter no greater than 15mm.
    *Mark the dimples using paint or nail polish. That's what I did, and it works fine:

IMG_0003a2a_zps3066b2ba.jpg

I absolutely love my Roadster but hate the chrome knobs. Adjusting to the sound is a great idea if you are in a studio situation and have the time. But in a gig situation, it's nice to be able to at least verify your baseline settings and then go from there. To accomplish this, I just ordered 20 Mark V knobs. They are easy to read without any special lighting. If they are good enough for JP, they're good enough for me. 8)

Back