Can't believe I just joined the Mark V club!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digirat

Reaction score
Well I finally did it - just traded in my Express 5:50 1x12 combo and Edwards ES335, thrown in a bunch of cash and picked up a Mark V head :D !

This will clearly be a long voyage of exploration, but I love my new amp so far. I can't believe how good this sounds and how easy it is to tame at home studio volume levels. The combination of master volumes and output control works excellently - even with the higher wattage settings. With the Express combo, I had to run it through an attenuator to be able to get the master dials above "almost completely off", even in the 5W class A setting.

Having a lot of fun with the Tweed mode so far but looking forwards to getting properly to grips with chanels 2 & 3 real soon 8) ! Is it just me, or does the Mark IV mode actually have a bit more gain than Extreme?!

Anyone out there able to recommend a good stand-alone delay pedal that works well in the Mark V loop?

Digirat said:
Anyone out there able to recommend a good stand-alone delay pedal that works well in the Mark V loop?
Welcome to the club :)

I'm loving my TC Nova delay in the loop.

I just put a Boss DD-7 in the FX loop last night and I love it. Clean, quiet and nearly transparent in the loop. Had a TC M-One XL in it, but am now going to sell that.

Digirat said:
Having a lot of fun with the Tweed mode so far but looking forwards to getting properly to grips with chanels 2 & 3 real soon 8) ! Is it just me, or does the Mark IV mode actually have a bit more gain than Extreme?!

The Mark IV mode has the most saturated sound. Extreme is punchier and more forceful, but thanks to its voicing, less saturated sounding.

your makin me jelous! :p

Good for you though!

.....I hope to be joining you very soon!!!

eudaimonia02912 said:
Digirat said:

The Mark IV mode has the most saturated sound. Extreme is punchier and more forceful, but thanks to its voicing, less saturated sounding.

I agree Mark IV is more creamy and saturated... extreme is a more aggressive sound...

My 1x12 in the post! Can't wait to get it!

Updated my FX too to Eventide Timeffactor/ Modfactor and Pitchfactor- ROCK ON :D

litesnsirens said:
eudaimonia02912 said:
Digirat said:

I agree Mark IV is more creamy and saturated... extreme is a more aggressive sound...

Congrats man! Former Diezel VH4(s) fanatic turned Mark V fanatic that now I want two of them LOL

But yeah I find I back off the treble and gain a little on Mark IV mode and get less saturation and the perfect rhythm chug palm muting I need.

Congratulations and welcome!!!!!! it is amazing feeling!!!!!!! i had mine head since june-09, so many sound choices in this amp...... enjoy!!!!!! :wink:

Digirat said:
Well I finally did it - just traded in my Express 5:50 1x12 combo and Edwards ES335, thrown in a bunch of cash and picked up a Mark V head :D !

This will clearly be a long voyage of exploration, but I love my new amp so far. I can't believe how good this sounds and how easy it is to tame at home studio volume levels. The combination of master volumes and output control works excellently - even with the higher wattage settings. With the Express combo, I had to run it through an attenuator to be able to get the master dials above "almost completely off", even in the 5W class A setting.

MXR carbon copy - analog delay is in my MKV loop. It works with no negatives of POS delay pedals. I am not a delay freak though needing multiple layers of vaious times to play U2 type stuff.

Thanks for all the suggestions regarding delay units guys! :)

I got myself a T.C. Electronics Nova Repeater (slightly stripped down version of the Nova Delay), which I hooked up in the loop yesterday and sounds just great 8)

BTW, should I have got some sort of cover for my Mark V? I had one for my previous Express combo...

Good choice of delay :)

Yes the V should come with a cover.

Latest posts

Back