Can You Use The Slave To Record Into A Computer

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would'nt try it! It is a padded signal similiar to the speaker-out signal, but intended for input to another power-amp! Even if it would'nt harm anything, it will sound harsh and brittle!

Yeah, what he said :wink: It would be pretty harsh, brittle and sizzly.

If you do try it, make sure you still keep a load on your speaker out's (keep your speaker or cab plugged in). You'd be surprised at how many people are unaware that running a tube amp without a speaker plugged in is harmful to the amp. Not saying you don't know that, but just making sure.

I use an I-Mac G5 with an M-Audio USB preamp. It allows me to go direct with a guitar cable or use the Mic input on the preamp. I stick the Amp in the tub, mic it up and close the doors. That is a very true tube sound IMHO. If it is a MK IV, you can use the record out, but will still need a USB interface. You can try the slave. It is just some preamp signal and a bit of feedback from the speaker tap. Who knows, it may sound great. Just make sure your system can handle slave type voltage.

You're going to need a cab sim for that. I suggest the Behringer Ultra-G. It's hard to beat for $35 and sounds good. You can also use it like this: Amp Speaker Out >> speaker cable >> Ultra-G >> speaker cable >> Speakers. Then, the line out of the Ultra-G will go into your sound card. Just make sure that you always have a load on your amp and note that the Ultra-G is NOT a load, just a line level tap.

Latest posts

Back