Can you remove the diamond plate from DR?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes it is

the plate is stuck on with pretty hard adhesive but a heat gun will get it off easy but watch the tolex with the heat gun as it will start to unsettle as the glue under it starts to melyt to watch what your doin with the heat gun

there are many threads on this topic here give it a search

Paint works fine if you prep it right.
Jerry

mesablack_800.JPG

man, that looks sweet blacked out like that, i really want to do that to mine, i would just want to replace the knobs too, but i cant get mine off, the set screws are corroded and will not budge

You know the mats they use when they frame pictures? They come in large 32"x40" sheets. You can buy them at hobby lobby, michaels, etc. The coolest part is they come in all kinds of colors and finishes, including my favorite, genuine black suede. I have considered doing this to my recto head. I wouldn't even remove the plate, I would just cut the mat to fit perfectly and attach it directly to the plate. Cheap, easy and IMO a classy solution which poses no danger to tolex and internal parts. Hmm, Brown suede wouldn't be bad either...but then, we don't want our rectos to look TOO respectable, do we? :twisted:

Latest posts

Back