Can the 1x12 combo be converted to a 2x12?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
I haven't opened it up but i would think all that would be needed is the board that holds the speaker would need to be changed right? The 1x12 and 2x12 combo are the same dimensions? Wiring it up would be easy.

It might be a bit of a job to remove the 1x12 baffle and replace with a 2x12. I bet it's screwed, glued and tattooed in place. I really don'd know, but I'd be interested in finding out how hard of a job it would be.

Sonically I don't think there's enough diff to justify going about that operation...but what do I know?
I DO know that the 1X12 is a MONSTER and needs not another speaker;)

But it would be a cool mod;)

Yeah, I won't bother messing with it. I took a look in there and it looks like it would be a pain. And while the combo sounds great, you should hear the ED when i plug it into my Port City OS212 loaded with Scumback M75/H75. I didn't appreciate it until i really was able to crank that 2x12 up. The combo sounds great on it's own, but that 2x12 is another level.

danyeo1 said:
Yeah, I won't bother messing with it. I took a look in there and it looks like it would be a pain. And while the combo sounds great, you should hear the ED when i plug it into my Port City OS212 loaded with Scumback M75/H75. I didn't appreciate it until i really was able to crank that 2x12 up. The combo sounds great on it's own, but that 2x12 is another level.
Stop that. You're making me want to go buy an extension cab when you talk like that.

adding a 10" speaker with the 12 might sound great? Still not worth the risk IMHO. Great amp! congrats :)

I would be scared my ED would never be the same. I love it as a 1x12 but hey, you never know.

I like that everyone here doesnt just dissmiss that idea straight away.
In all Honesty i think the the 1x12 widebody setup is the best acoustic place for the combo. I've plugged my ED into my offset 2x12 Ulbrick cab loaded with V30's. The first thing i notice, is the bottom end has gone missing. Theres more to it but i really think mesa worked really hard to create a great sonic space in the 1x12.
Thats the way i would want to keep it (IMO)

Latest posts

Back