Can Mike.B Mod any Mark II into a C +? help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandan

Reaction score
the title is my question! : )

if someone could give me some info that would be great.

Also could Mike B also add Reverb/EQ if its not on the amp?

I do know its simulclass

This pawn shop is selling a Mark II and i love the tone of a C+

Im not sure if it has EQ or not cause my friend told me he saw it but didn't know much about it.

So if someone could help me out i'd really appreciate it

Yes. It is the the same circuit board. It only requires moving the loop and adding some eq shaping before the power amp and few more minor tweaks. The reverb should be no problem, but the EQ may be difficult, The last time I spoke to Mike, they were out of the circuit boards for the op amp EQ drive circuit. He may have made a few himself, so call. Mike is an amazing guy and very clever. The bill may be pretty high adding all three requests.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought only IIC's could be modded into IIC+'s?

...ditto on the high price to add all those goodies. sometimes you gotta love an amp for what it IS!

ooh ok

then ill still go with a Mark III Blue or Red C+ modded

Only a IIC can become a real IIC+. Mike can tweak a Mark III to be very sweet, and the effects loop mod on a IIB gives a very organic lead sound to the IIB that is IIC+ like, but that is it.

BWK

Boogiebabies said:
Oh, it was a trick question. No then. Only IIC's. Some MK IIB's were modded by full circuit board swaps in 84-85. These are long gone.

I have only one of 20 Mark IIB to Mark Ii C+ conversions that was actually done by Mike B. I actually got it off eBay because no one believed it was real and no one bid on it. I emailed the guy and he told me he bought it at GC marked as a "Mark IV" (Marked wrong) He said it sounded too good to be a just a Mark IIB. And when he opened it up, it had the words "Mark IIb > IIC+" written on the chassis.

I sent the picture of the inside to Boogie and they confirmed it was a real MIIC+ with all the parts.

I got it for a great price (made an offer to the seller) got it and and sent it to Mike B. He worked it over, added the "+" above the cord (it was missing, he said he forgot to do it) and gave me all the documentation needed. I had it converted to a Simulclass. (it seems there are no more Simulclass C+ transformers left after my mod, only the ones they use for the Mark IV which are different)

Mike says there were only 20 of these mods done, and he remembered doing this one.

It was all worth it and lives up to the hype. I usually use a Triaxis with a 2/90 for my rig, now I am using the C+ and I am already getting compliments on my tone.

See? You actually CAN find treasures on eBay for a small price is you know what you are doing.

Cool

I might have even seen your amp at the time of auction you lucky lucky *******. :lol:

The thing that tripped me in your story is I remember there was this amp you talked about and there was NO "+" sign next to the AC cable outlet. And anyway, you hear these stories about people imprinting their own M.B.s and plus signs.

Latest posts

Back