Can it really keep getting better?!? Bedroom volume too!?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRVYJM

Reaction score
Wow, this LSC I have just keeps getting better. Not only has it become my go to exclusive gigging amp ( with more compliments on my tone and playing then ever before or imagined), I just discovered how to get real bedroom volume, even with the 100w setting!

I was just wrapping up a previous post reply saying how good the LSC was but it wasn't bedroom volume, maybe studio volume with the tweed power and 10 w settings, but still too loud for real bedroom volumes. I was plugging everything back in from my gig Wednesday night and had a problem with no sound anywhere, so I was turning everything and checking cables, etc, when I turned the effects send all the way down. Then I realized the cable into my delay in the loop was not plugged in all the way, so I pushed it in all the way and of course everything started working. Except I had the send turned all the way down, and I realized I was getting the exact same full, rich warm tone at a much, much lower volume. Now, I don't like the tone I get when I just use the Output master. It gets thin below 9:00 to me, but sounds awesome from 9:00 on up. But that's pretty loud still. Now, having the send of the effects loop all the way down, it sounds awesome. I thought it would take my delay out of the mix by doing that, not just turn down the overall volume, but my lush delay is still there, just everything became quieter. Much quieter.

Bedroom quieter! I can play this now with awesome tone, full, fat rich harmonics, even getting some beautiful feedback, and my kids can be watching TV in the other room!

LOVE THIS AMP! LOVE THESE TONES!!!!

I've always felt that it is best to use the same amp for playing as you do to practice, but it was not practical for me to do that with the LSC until now. It was just too loud at home before and with hardwood floors throughout my old house, the volume really carries everywhere. Now I can practice and play gig's through the same amp! To me, that's huge because for me the amp is the other half of my instrument and I have to learn to play it just as much as the guitars I own. Get to know it's character and subtleties.

That sounds awesome. I'm in an apartment and any help I can get would incredible. Thanks for the hint!

Tried it last night and I agree.....it sounds great at the lower levels. Obviously, it's not as good as cranked, but it's **** close. Thanks again! :mrgreen:

Very cool! Thanks for your reply and redirect in my thready. I'm sooo sold on this amp!!

Now I just have to figure out the custom design :D

BIG L said:
Very cool! Thanks for your reply and redirect in my thready. I'm sooo sold on this amp!!

Now I just have to figure out the custom design :D

Haha, you can steal my idea! I think this is the most beautiful combination - http://mesaboogie.com/gallery/gallery.php?id=537.

Two things:
1) I am aware that pic is of a roadster. I just love the colors.
2) It would also look pretty killer with a gold grill.

Latest posts

Back