Can I switch between Formula Pre and Mark IV....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With your gear it would be like this.

SAVE0274.jpg

Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
1 question still inanswered for me though, how do I connect up the Formula, i.e, when I put it in the GCX loop, do I use FX send and return, or what?
No in this case guitar input and then use the main output.

I got a question for you! How do you plan to channel switch the Mark IV and the Formula pre? Just curious you never mentioned that.

6L6C said:
Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
1 question still inanswered for me though, how do I connect up the Formula, i.e, when I put it in the GCX loop, do I use FX send and return, or what?
No in this case guitar input and then use the main output.

I got a question for you! How do you plan to channel switch the Mark IV and the Formula pre? Just curious you never mentioned that.
Channel switch?

I was going to use the channel outs from both amps, just like I'm doing now, but with the Formula Pre too.

The main thing I'm confused about is how to get the Formula Pre hooked upto my Mark IV power amp AND in the GCX loops.

I'm sure it will all come together when I actually have it in my hands.

for what i have read so far, you are thinking to put both preamps working together??

that's what 6L6GC was trying to ask you.

The issue here is if you dont change between them, you'll be running those pres in series with the formula pre always affecting the mkIV pre. imho you shouldnt do that, the quantitiy of gain stages stacked together will ruin your sound (talking about noise, cracks and ground loops), plus that pure mkiv tone will be lost . . .

think about the picture of a 4CM method first than you elaborate to your GCX rig, will be easier that way imo or as 6L6GC said, as single stomp boxes. 8)

If you send me a PM with your email address, I'll email you a diagram of my setup which should also be helpful: GCX set so that it can switch between the Mark IV and an Egnater IE-4 preamp, a G-Major in the loop, and all 3 channels of the Mark IV, as well as the EQ and Effects loop switched with the GCX.

Latest posts

Back