Can a Road King sound like a Rectoverb?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredster

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Here's what I'm after. I just got a Rectoverb and I love most everything about it - except another channel or two would be nice and the reverb is a little...lacking. From what I can tell, a new Roadster would fit the bill but I won't really know until I play one in April/May/whenever they come out. I still have time to return the ROV and wait, but I'm wondering if those who have or have had a RK and ROV can tell me if the RK can get the sounds I like in the ROV? Is the RK a completely different animal?

~fredster

tele-jas owned a rectoverb and is currently owning a road king, I think if he can control his RK II gassing for today he might come online anty time soon =)

chennie said:
tele-jas owned a rectoverb and is currently owning a road king, I think if he can control his RK II gassing for today he might come online anty time soon =)

Hehe... I think I caught his GAS!

Man... My ears have been burning all night.....Has someone been talking about me? :wink:

Yes, the RK can sound like a ROV. Especially if you dial it in using only 2 power tubes and the solid state rectifier, it'll sound almost identical to a ROV. And the reverb is better on the RK than the ROV, but still not as good as the Lonestar or an old Fender (or even the T-verb).

The ROV is essentially a single rectifer with reverb, and the RK is a dual rectifier with reverb (and a few more bells and whistles), so it's a different animal out of the same parents (does that make sence?).

Once again, the RK can sound almost identical to a ROV, as well sound the same as the Dual recto, single recto, triple recto and t-verb.

Hope this helps.

Being a resident Road King Junkie, I was gonna answer this post's question with a Big Yes, but tele_jas beat me to the punch and stole all my thunder....so....

What he said.

RB

Red Barchetta said:
Being a resident Road King Junkie, I was gonna answer this post's question with a Big Yes, but tele_jas beat me to the punch and stole all my thunder....so....

What he said.

RB

You guys are awesome - that's just what I suspected and wanted to hear! :)

Guess it's time to take back the ROV and order a Roadster. Gonna be a looong coupla months.

Thanks much!

~fredster

Back