Can a Mark V footswitch control a Recto at the same time?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonVolt

Reaction score
Is it possible to have like a splitter cable and have one footswitch control the channels on both the Mark V and Recto at the same time? I don't care about reverb, boost etc. I just would like a single footswitch to switch between channels 1, 2 and 3 and both amps at the same time.

That's a good question. I don't see how it could but You could always get 2 amp gizmos and wire them together. You might be able to do it with one and some relays. Or maybe a custom foot switch and some relays.

http://warpedmusician.wordpress.com/2014/01/31/dual-amp-switching-with-quarter-inch-jacks/

I posted another diagram, but it was not right. I think this will work.

Another option would be buying another 7 pin DIN cable and splicing them together. That would only work if the pins control the same things. You could get the wiring from Mesa and ensure the correct wires are connected.

Not 100% sure on the mark5, however I have successfully run two 3-channel rectos like this. Connect the footswitch to one amp, and using the 1/4-inch external switching jacks connect the amps together. Use speaker wires for this, as the switching lines do not carry any audio and therefore do not require shielding. I found I had to lift one amp from ground to eliminate hum, but this was most likely caused by the shared audio inputs or fx loops, not the switching.

NoGlassNoClass said:
Not 100% sure on the mark5, however I have successfully run two 3-channel rectos like this. Connect the footswitch to one amp, and using the 1/4-inch external switching jacks connect the amps together. Use speaker wires for this, as the switching lines do not carry any audio and therefore do not require shielding. I found I had to lift one amp from ground to eliminate hum, but this was most likely caused by the shared audio inputs or fx loops, not the switching.

Interesting. Does it have to be speaker wire? Will instrument cables work?

I would recommend against this unless you know for sure that the internal switching circuitry of the amps is compatible. Remember, each amp will have a voltage that the external switch shorts to ground. If those voltages are significantly different, you could damage the amps.

Back