Came across some old tubes..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicbox

Reaction score
A buddy of mine invited me over the other day to check out some old piece of electronic equipment he had laying around in his basement that was full of tubes I might want. Turns out it was a tektronix type 547 oscilloscope... the things in working condition, but I have no use for it, except for the lot of tubes inside..
I was hoping maybe someone here could tell me if theyd be worthwhile trying in my fender deluxe or my blue angel. The tubes are:

RCA 12AT7 (1)
GE 12AX7 (3)
Amperex 12AU7 (1)

Theres also a whole slew of other tubes that I didnt recognize..

Amperex Ecc88/6dj8 (14)
Tung-Sol 6080 (1)
Sylvania 6080 (1)
GE 6au5 (1)
Amperex EL86 (3)

Any help would be appriciated

well im sure the old 12's would sound pretty cool, and you can pretty much pop em in and out. an old fender like the one youre talkin about is a great way to try them because most old fenders only have one preamp tube so youll be hearing just the tube you pop in.
as far as the rest go, the only one i recognize for sure is the GE 6au5. its a rectifier.
the two amperex look very close to a ecc83 which is a 12ax7 and the el86 looks like its a cousin of an 84....

Latest posts

Back