Calling Midi Experts

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yetti

Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

So i bought the Intellifex black face not to long ago. And i hooked it into my rack stereo...and i dig the sound with it. But now what im needing is how to make it communicate with my Midi stuff.
Ive got a RockMan Midi Octopus for switching my Quad Preamp and Power Section, Is there a way i can save patches with everything in this pedal? or is it something i need to get like a ground control pro for?
Any help would be appreciate i havent the foggiest on how to hook it up currently if it will even work with my midi Octopus. It would be amazing if i could just hit the patch button on the rockman and the presents for channels and effects and everything get saved, is it possible?

Help would be mega awesome

Cheers
-Yetti

Run the midi out/thru of the Octopus into the Intellifex, make sure both are on the same midi channel. Call up a patch number on your Octopus, program the Intellifex and save it to the same patch number. You can't control the Intellifex with the Octopus buttons but you can with the program numbers.

I attempted this today..and it kindof worked.

On the octopus...i have it changing channels of my Quad. But when i do midi through on the octopus to the in on the Intell, it has no idea what channels were assigned to my numbers on teh quad. It just changes the patches according to the number i hit on the controler 1-2-3-4 ect. So how can i make it like before? So i dial in my Amp Settings for channels and hit the save button on the octopus and its in that number on my pedal and say i go to the next number put in my amp settings and also dial in a present on the intell and hit save and now i can a - b between the 2 selections and its doing exactly what i want? Is it possible? Or do i have to do a midi mapping on the intell...? Ive tryed to go midithrough on octopus unit to midi in on the intell unit. And also from my footswitch midithrough/share to the Intell IN...
I dont know whats up any other suggestions?

thanks so far!

Back