cables, tone loss etc

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fronzil

Reaction score
is there an area in my signal chain that i should be putting my longest cables? (for tonal purposes) right now my cables running into my FX loop are probably the longest..

also as an aside, do you guys notice any tone loss when running a pedalboard with say 6 -8 pedals? running a few into the FX loop and a few in front?

ive heard lots of things about this, read some articles...my setup is in my signature, and I've done a shootout type thing, guitar > amp then immediately after guitar > pedalboard etc > amp..don't really notice any loss of tone, volume etc at all.

I run cables through the front and the fx loop of the amp too (with the longest going to the loop). I myself dont notice any tone loss. Best bet, Id say, is just use high end cables. Planet Waves, Mogami, I hear DiMarzio has good cables too.

Or your other option is fork over tons of cash and run it all MIDI

sounds like you have a similar setup to me, i run planet waves and fulltones...way to broke to consider upgrading to midi right now haha

Back