cable suggestions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrMason said:
.... I like George L cables for the fact that they retain high end, ...
The reason these and alot of the other "high end" cables sound better is because they are low capacitance. Hi Fi guys have been hip to this for years. This technology took a while longer to get to the guitar world. Remember no matter how low of capacitance per foot, the longer the cable the higher it is.

I picked up two Mogami cables when I bought my MKV. Used to use the $25 mid quality cables. I can tell a slight difference. At nearly 50, with Metallica, Kiss, and Rush blasted ears, I may not be able to hear all of the difference in cables. But plugging a 2K guitar into a 3K amp stack with a $25 cord does not make sense. I am sticking with the Mogami Gold cables.

I've been using Monster Studio Pro 1000 since '98. Got 'em after I demoed one and heard a big difference, up to that point I thought cable was just cable. Now I'm interested in checking out Zaolla...the quest for tone never ends :)

Martin

Back