Cable Question - updated with pics!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemster

Reaction score
So... Picked up my MkV combo last night along with a Jem FP2 (*SUPER* excited!).

I also ordered some mogami bulk cable (Mogami W2524 Instrument Cable) to and neutrik TS plugs (NEUTRIK NP2X-B, and NEUTRIK NP2X-AU-SILENT). I was surprised when I plugged the mogami cable in, the volume was significantly lower than the 20 year old cheapie cable I had laying around. Is it supposed to be lower, or did I mess up the soldering or something? I suspect the latter, but figured I'd check before ripping it apart.

Thanks!

Ninja edit: added more details.

Not sure about your cable question... But **** man! Nice new gear day for you! Congrats! How about some pics of that Jem FP2. I love Jems. I have 1999 Jem7VWH. Great guitars!

Nice acquisition indeed :D

Your new cable should not be 'significantly' quieter than your old cable. Cables alone won't make that much of a difference in terms of volume. I suspect you have a faulty connection and would rewire it. Even if one strand of the copper conductor wire is touching the jack, you won't have a proper connection.

Kinda crappy quality, but dark living room and iPhone 3gs is not a recipe for success...

WJXGB.jpg

Is the 2nd inner black layer touching the solder or signal wire anywhere? The reason I ask is because on the W2524 that 2nd black PVC layer is actually a 2nd shield and is CONDUCTIVE. Do you have a multimeter to test the cable?

Nice score btw!!! Both a Mark V and FP2 (my favorite of the newer Jems by far) in the same day, wow!

Latest posts

Back