cabinet confusion...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imagineaudio

Reaction score
So whats the deal with the designations on the mesa 4x12s and do I have this right?

rectifier= standard = oversized
stiletto = traditional

rectifier straight cab = straight baffle
standard, overiszed straight cab = slant baffle?

I'm looking for an oversized slant cab, and I keep coming across straight cabs with a slanted baffle... Are the straight cabs still made this way?

I can't find a good index of legacy mesa products....

Technically, there are two different cabs, each with slightly different options.

Rectifier Standard - Oversized
Rectifier Traditional - Traditional cab...this one was recently renamed the Stiletto cab.

Each cab comes either slant or straight.

The oversized straight cabs also come with a straight or slant baffle....just depends on what you find.

Best of luck!

Ok, I searched through the forums, and I think I understand the differences between the cabs...

New question: What do you guys prefer, the rectifier slant cab or the standard straight with the slanted baffle?

what do you call the rec cab that the speakers are straight and the cab is
what do you call the rec cab that the speakers are slanted and the cab is straight. (i hate the ones that are straight bodies but with slanted speakers)

i only like cabs that have the speakers straight and so is the cab design. i dont like slant. or the straight ones that have slant speakers

Latest posts

Back