cab for nomad 100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilson

Reaction score
hey everybody, i'm new here and new to mesa boogies and tube amps in general. i just got a nomad 100 head and need some advice on what kind of cab to get for it. i don't really play super heavy new metal, mostly just basic rock and roll (hendrix, ac/dc). i do a lot of punk rock and reggae sounding stuff too similar to the clash or sublime.
open back? closed back? would a 2x12 cab do well with this head? any advice would be appreciated.

When I had my Nomad 110 212 combo, I used a 412 closed back cab when I wanted hard rock and classic rock sounds. I used the combo's open back sounds for blues and Stones, Black Crowes kinds of stuff.

I run my Nomad 100 1x12 with a Mesa Oversized 2x12 and it brings out a whole new dimension to the amp. I'm really happy with the setup.

I run my nomad HD 100 with recto a 2x12 sounds great. I can do mellow and heavy stuff. An open back might be better for some things.

nomad100hd said:
I run my nomad HD 100 with recto a 2x12 sounds great. I can do mellow and heavy stuff. An open back might be better for some things.
i love my sg. it sounds great through this amp.
i've been looking for a used mesa 2x12. i played a new 2x12 rectifier cab and it sounded great. right now i'm using a marshall avt 4x12. it sucks driving it around in a civic.
thanks for the replies. keep em coming.

Back