Cab comparison?????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalblitz84

Reaction score
I've been looking at getting a new cab and was obviously thinking about Mesa, but I see a lot of guys that use Mesa use Marshall cabs. I've also heard that Marshall cabs sound warmer and better. Now, I know that it is just a matter of opinion and of course I'm going to go and listen to other cabs and make a decision myself, but I just wanted to know all of your opinions and what you think is a better cab and why. Thanks guys and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm convinced that the only reasons that people buy the standard Marshall cabs is that either they like the look of them, they found a good deal on one, or they've been to a concert where their favorite player is using Marshall. Celestion G12t-75 speakers in Marshalls are some of the worst speakers you can buy. Vintage 30s have a somewhat similar voicing and power handling, but are so much more balanced and musical. I would also consider something with greenbacks, ev's, or any other speaker that Mesa uses. Almost every other speaker cabinet manufacturer uses better materials (thicker speaker wires, better plywood, better speakers). This is all just my opinion, of course. Avatar makes really nice cabinets to your specifications at a great price.

Latest posts

Back