C90 vs. EVM 12 L -- in MK IV 1x12 Std. Hardwood Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAZZGEAR

Reaction score
Opinions sought...

I have an order a new Mesa Boogie 1x12 Narrow combo (in Hardwood). I know the standard speaker in these now are the Celestion C90s. Before I sold my last Mark IV, I pulled the Mesa EV spealer put it away in the event a moment just like this one comes up.

I have never played the Mark IV (narrow) with a C90 -- always the EV. So I am not sure of how this will sound.

My question here is only for conversation sake and to see what others out there think of the C90 in the MK IV vs the EV -- I know that I will make up my own mind once I get it.

I am older now, already have a heavy beast in the RK II combo, so I'd like to keep this one reasonable (Mesa lists the weight @ 67 lbs... but mine will be heavier do to the bubinga hardwood) -- addint eh Ev will add upwards of 25 lbs to the weight.

So for argument's sake, what would you do, keep the C90 as it sounds close enough (or better than) or put the MK IV with it;s natural mate (as in it's original design)?

I suggest you read my recent thread on C90 buzz (edge yowl). I'm sure the EV wouldn't suffer from this but check the C90 out very carefully!

Latest posts

Back