C90 Origin

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnumb44

Reaction score
Are the Mesa C90 speakers based on a particular Celestion standard model? If so, does anyone know that model? Thanks,

I believe it's the Classic Lead 80. The C90 just has extra voice coil venting that enables it to handle the extra 10 watts.

Dale

Dale B. said:
I believe it's the Classic Lead 80. The C90 just has extra voice coil venting that enables it to handle the extra 10 watts.

Dale

not even that, its exactly the same, but celestion says it has less powr to avoid claims for blown speakers.

Jerry,
Thinking of doing some "swapping out?" I'm still wondering what ever happened to the mysterious "Fillmore Speakers" the Lonestars' were supposed to have come with. Ah, the never ending search for "tone."
In all honesty I'm happy with the C-90. My LP has a "tonally" different sound from the 2x12 V-30 Recto cab I used to have.

Bob

I emailed Celestion awhile back asking this very question. Here is the reply I received:
The Mesa speaker is a special design for them and is not available as a
standard Celestion product. It is tonally similar to the Classic Lead 80
but there are design differences.
best regards
The Doctor

Info
Sent by: info To: Dr Decibel/KHIUK@KHIUK
cc:
Subject: black shadow
15/03/05 06:12 PM

SFW said:
I wish they still offered the Recto 4x12 with C90s. I like them better than V30s.

They do, but you have to order it. I've got one on order with two of each, to replace the two 2x12 cabs I used to lug around.

Latest posts

Back