C+/SimulClass Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnson

Reaction score
Hello, I have a C+ with SimulClass that will be delievered to me tommorrow. The owner stated that it comes with 4 6L6 tubes, but I was under the assumption that I needed to have 2 6L6's and 2 EL-34's to run the amp in Simulclass...Can I run the amp in simulclass with 4 6L6 tubes with out any negative consequences? I recognize that this is probably a dumb question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. :oops:

Boogiebabies said:
JOEY B. said:
I prefer (at least this week) all 6L6's in the open-back combo Boogies. Just my $.02 though :D .

Traitor. 8)

At least run some real 6CA7's....

When Groove Tubes resumes their production of the 6CA7GE, I plan on trying them out. Their desription sounds like they are the hot ticket. I have the EL-34's in my other simul amp that I mainly use with the thiele cabs. No need to add extra low end with those monsters. :D

Do the new tubes need to be biased in the old Mesa amps like the C and C+? Or is it like the new ones in which you don't need to bias it if you put in Mesa bottles? Just curious.

Johnson said:
What do you find the difference between 4 6L6 vs 26L6/2 EL-34's to be?

4 6l6 = huge bottom end with lots of thump and presence...fender chime in clean sound. think recto (except this is not a recto)

6l6+el34= tighter bottom end and more pronounced mids. there's an all around more complex harmonic structure.

Tele295 said:
Is the C+ the only 2-channel Simulclass?

No but it seems the more common option instead of on the A's or B's. There are some A's and B's with simul class they just seem to be very hard to find.

Greg

Serial number is the easiest way to tell if its a C+. You can also look to see if there is a + sign written on the back of the amp by the power cord...however, those can be easily forged, or it could also indicate a IIC that was modded to a C+.

Latest posts

Back