Buying Diamond Plating?!?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm planning to cosmetically upgrade my avatar cab a bit.....

I was thinking of maybe working with some diamond plating, like featured on the rectifiers....

Does anyone have a link to where I could purchase something like this? It can be plastic...the cheaper the better!...durability is not an issue here...as long as it looks the same....is shiny, etc.

Thanks for the help!

What kind of price range you looking for? I know you said the cheaper the better but just wondering. I found this website on a quick search for diamond plate:

http://www.metalsdepot.com/products/alum2.phtml?page=tread&LimAcc=$LimAcc

They also have a custom cut to size thing so you could probably get them to cut your panels and just have to attach them, i don't know what that costs but they do offer it.

Hey there, I do alot of custom diamond plate stuff for mostly mesa amps and cabs, also for ThunderCAB and a bunch of guitars. shoot me an email with what you're look to do: [email protected]

AA

jgventura said:
why doesn't that amp-blackout site work? it sounds intriguing? what is it???

I think its actually an email address :wink:

ALl in the Forum... we are trying to fit in the development of our websites (yes multiple sites) while trying to keep up with a recent truckload of orders for virtually all our products...

as far as what AMP-BLACKOUT is... pretty simple stuff... it's a black polymer dye we created to make old, tattered, dirty what was once black tolex totally black again... comes in a self-applicator bottle... lots of the people that buy it, buy it mostly right before they put an amp on eBay to make it look like it's brand new... works on leather, tolex, vinyl and some nylon (grille fabric usually)... each bottle costs 19.99 but we mostly sell them in a 6-pack for $80.

www.AMPBLACKOUT.com and www.AMP-BLACKOUT.com will be up and running in its most basic form by this weekend.... in the meantime if you need a bottle or six email: [email protected] and i'll make sure you get what you need...

AA

sounds like an awesome product just to keep that new finish looking good. I will have to keep checking up on the website.

Hello All... all our sites are up now... can't say they're perfect... i guess that's version 2.... in the meantime have fun...

AA

Ok, so ya, i like the site so far... the handwritten notes are a nice touch! I know it's not the completed version, but high res pictures of stuff would be great! Also, i know you've responded to that thread about a footswitch for the trem-o-verb, so how much would you charge to make a 4 button (channel, fx loop, trem, reverb) for the trem-o-verb? OOO preferably a full diamondplate.. or should i email you and ask you that?

probably better you shoot me an email... it really depends on how you want it built... have gotten some better pricing on build materials lately.. we build with so many options it's tough to nail down a single price for one thing.... it's more of a discussion on what you need to accomplish...

AA

Back