Butchering the Lonestar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stash49

Reaction score
Here's the plan-modify a 1x12 lonestar to accomodate two 12s! Inginious? Foolish? I want a 12x12 combo. Has any one tried this? I want it to look perfect.

There was a 2x12 LSS on E-bay last week. You may be able buy a cab from Mesa and then just change out the guts, get the right ohm speakers, and your in business. It would give a little more head room and such, but it may be cheaper and less hassle to just buy another cab, as Platypus said.

I bought another 1x12 cab for my 1x12 LSS. Cost me around 370 US, if I remmeber correctly and did wonders for my sound.

Leave that 1x12 alone, imo :)

SabuJSE said:
I bought another 1x12 cab for my 1x12 LSS. Cost me around 370 US, if I remmeber correctly and did wonders for my sound.

Leave that 1x12 alone, imo :)

I agree 100% also have a LSS 1X12 and a 1X12 cab. A little more versatile too; if you want to travel light (just a figure of speach in this case) you just tote the combo. If you want a bigger more airy sound take the cab too. It's a win-win sitcheeaschun.

Back