Broken DC-5 on CL

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixtonoize

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this is worth it:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/msg/645539345.html

The cost of admission isn't that great, but I'm wondering if there's anything shady going on. It seems like a grid resistor swap should be easy, and would have been taken care of.

What do you guys think? If I go to check it out, is there anything I should be looking out for? Could it have a blown OT, or something else serious and expensive?

Most of all, should I just pass on it entirely?

Thanks

It's going to cost you another $125+ for either a head or combo cab ... that's used prices, and these are not nearly as plentiful as Mark cabs since a DC5 is a long chassis. And if you go combo, then you're into speaker cost. Add to this the possibility of something more costly than a grid resistor. Decent DC5s have gone for as low as the low $500s on the bay, and not much more than that for stellar examples. I'd definitely pass on this one unless he were willing to deal ...say $200. I doubt he'd bite, but worth a try perhaps.

Edward

If you are in the Detroit area I can hook you up with a decent DC-5 (A) combo that is to be part of an estate sale. Recently re-tubed and in excellent condition.

I'm actually in the Kalamazoo area,but for the right price, I'll drive.

PM me, and we can figure something out.

Latest posts

Back