broken 90s 2 channel dual rectifier - bad circuit board?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcress

Reaction score
last year, in my haste to start playing shows with my band, i purchased a modified (by Norb of Fatboy amps) '90s model two channel dual rectifier on ebay. the clean channel was fine, but the distortion channel sounded nothing like the previous two channel dual rec that i had tried. it was very bassy and slightly crunchy, but not remotely similar to rectifier gain. i was annoyed with the mod, but figured i would just have it put back to stock by an amp technician.

long story short, however...it broke about an hour into playing it, so i gave it to a local electrician to fix it (he's not mesa certified but has worked on many in the past). he "fixed" it, but the head still sounds like it originally did when i got it - crappy. anyway, the electrician said he put it back to stock specs, but that someone "who didn't know how the hell to fix an amp" had put a hole through the circuit board with a large soldering iron before selling it to me.

i have had enough with this amp and am at the end of my rope with it. several people who claim to be knowledgable about amps have told me that all other parts in the head are working great, so if i could just find someone willing to sell me a circuit board for the same model, the amp should be fixed. i'm very annoyed with myself for purchasing this amp on ebay, but now there's not much i can do about my past decisions.

so here is the question...can anybody PLEASE point me in the right direction for finding a circuit board for a 90's model two channel dual rectifier? any other suggestions?

thanks in advance

i think it would be as well. unfortunately, i wasted my money on what is now sitting in my basement. i do not want to sell it on ebay and screw someone else.

I'd probably sell it on Ebay "as is" for parts. Then get a different amp. That seems to be the most headache free option.

i would call mesa for the hell of it,,,maybe they could fix it?? its worth a try,,,sorry to hear that about the recto ,and good luck

thanks for the replies, when a get some time after finals i'll definitely be calling mesa

so I must to miss something but are you saying that someone burn a hole in the pcb with an iron soldering??'
well, and what is the problem??? if that hole doesn´t broke any trace there isn´t any trouble, if the iron soldering destroy any trace all you need to do is just rewire the trace with a little cable

Latest posts

Back