Bought the Roadster Head !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the story with the attached power cord on the Roadster ? My DR and SR don't have this. I will say the socket of my DR seems a little loose but never given me any problems.

Is there some benefit to the attached cord that I am not seeing ? I hate that there is no where to put the cord when transporting.

Any thoughts ??

stompboxfreak72 said:
What's the story with the attached power cord on the Roadster ? My DR and SR don't have this. I will say the socket of my DR seems a little loose but never given me any problems.

Is there some benefit to the attached cord that I am not seeing ? I hate that there is no where to put the cord when transporting.

Any thoughts ??

Give it to me? :wink:

I bought a John Petrucci MusicMan 2 weeks before I stumbled on the Roadster.....to say my wife is dismayed would come close. But hey, wives come and go......gear is yours for life !

P.s buy your own marriage wrecking Roadster! I may have to live inside the case before all is said and done so I can't part with it.

Mesa 4x12 cab and mesa 2x12 cabs . I have two of the 2 x 12 cabs but I have not run them both in conjunction with the Roadster yet .

Interesting tidbit : If you use the fx loop of the amp and somehow hook up your unit incorrectly you will get no sound. I use a delay in the loop and I crossed my sends and returns which resulted in no sound.

I also used the amp last night and my channels 3 and 4 would not work. I posted the problem but then removed it because I did not to alarm any would be Roadster owners. However, I did lose channel 3 and 4 for no reason whatsoever. I turned the amp on and off a few times with no luck. After a half hour of noodling the amp kicked back in. Now I use George L cables and usually when my sound dies it is a George L cable going cheesey on me. This could have been the case but I really dont think so. I plugged directly into the amp and removed my pedalboard and still had the problem.

If the problem occurs again I will repost and contact Mesa then. It is possible that the issue is user related and not the amp. I am concerned but not alarmed.

Anyone had this happen or am I an anomaly ?

Your guitar cables and plugging directly/indirectly would'nt have an affect on whether or not channel's 3&4 work? What about manual selection of the channels? Could be a faulty footswitch/cable? :idea:

Appears not plugged in all the way. Was not really changing channels. Seems to be functioning.....will put it thru the ringer at a gig this evening but I think my problem is solved. I am going to place an order today with Mesa for a new cable just in case.

cant play pool with a rop said:
Congratulations on your amp dude the Roadster is a great amp. I've owned mine now for about 5 months and love it. I went through a period where I didnt dig as much and now I'm dumbfounded. Theres something about the amp that makes me feel comfotable and proud to own it. I've found an excellent lead tone in the channel 3 Vintage mode thats nice and gummy. The BB preamp is a godsend for channel 4 Modern also it really tightens it up with the gain at zero on the pedal and gain at 1:30 on the amp. Theres plenty of sweet spots with all of my guitars too. I run the Roadster with a Ace through a Recto 4x12 and its a blessing man. This amp is definately an amp to be patient with and focus on the playing and the tones come through.(for me) A tube swap brought out a lot of character that was lurkin' in there. Jazzgear I know what you mean having EL-34s by stepping on a footswitch only my footswitch is a Headbone which switches to the Ace! GEEETER DONE!!! Mesa makes phenominal amps in my opinion I look no further and proud to represent!
Totally agree , i am in the same situation as you, I am finding new sounds all the time and growing more in love with this amp, it is a monster.

PS What type of valves did you swap?

cant play pool with a rop said:
I put SED=c= 6L6s in the power section and Tungsol, Tesla(not J.J), GT-C in the preamp.
Did it make much of a difference.
I will probably wait till the stock valves get tired before I change them.

I am thinking of returning the Roadster to GC after I said that I would not. I am so much happier plugged into my DR.....the comfort zone I guess. The DR is not perfect and the Roadster's cleans are awesome but I just don't see myself taking the Roadster to a gig over the DR for the type of music I play. I have not fully made up my mind but my gut feeling is to get rid of it.

I did in fact return the Roadster today. I absolutely loved the cleans sound on fat mode of channel 2. I may decide in the future to buy this amp again but for now the DR is ergonomic to my needs. If my DR had that Channel 2 fat clean sound I would never look at another amp again.

Also, if I get one of these again I will pick up the 2x12 roadster cab as well....

stompboxfreak72 said:
I did in fact return the Roadster today. I absolutely loved the cleans sound on fat mode of channel 2. I may decide in the future to buy this amp again but for now the DR is ergonomic to my needs. If my DR had that Channel 2 fat clean sound I would never look at another amp again.

Also, if I get one of these again I will pick up the 2x12 roadster cab as well....

can you deal with the parallel FX loop of the DR again? i noticed you really liked the time-based pedals in the loop of the roadster.

i just had my DR FX loop mod to serial (or series? lol) and tomorrow will try my EH small clone chorus in the loop instead of in front to see how that sounds.

man, as i was reading your post it made me want to get a roadster. would you still recommend it?

Back