Bought a Thiele 1x12 with EV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaivxx

Reaction score
I have oen of those really kick *** Boogie 4x12 steel grill cabs but I am finding myself always loathe to carry it around with me. I sold my Mark IV and for the blues band I am currently playing with am using a Carvin Nomad with a V-Twin in front of it.

The one thing I like about the Nomad is it is so light and easy to carry, but the open back combo sound is less than ideal. Saw a thiele in excellent condition on eBay and bought it. Sending payment in Friday, we shall see when it comes what wonders it does for my little micro setup. If I really like it Ill likely get back into a Mark IV or III combo and stack them. Also considered a 50/50 and Studio pre and another Thiele, small rig with hopefully big sound.

For all i am hearing about Thiele cabs, I find it hard to believe that any 1x12 can be as good as people say the Thiele is, hope it lives up to the hype.

I own a mesa 1x12" theile with the c90,not electrovoice speaker,the cab kicks major ***,I also own a 2x12" recto,yeah those badboys rock but not as good as the theile's,the theile cabs are more musical sounding and alot easier to dail in,

Obviously they dont have as much bass response as a 2x12" recto but my sound(in the band) is not bass driven/heavy,for its size and portability its a must because its got alot more bass than any other 1x12" cab Ive ever played due to the ported fronts,they sound more tuned than the 2x12",they sound so much better Im gonna either sell the 2x12" and buy another one of these or put c90's into the 2x12",ohh thats sounds like a plan to me!!!! :twisted:

definatly go with the theile you wont be disappointed in any way whats so ever,get it and love it,ohh they are mesa cabs so they do weigh a lot but not as much as those old 4x12" metal grills,god they are heavy

I do most gigs with a 1x12 Thiele loaded with a 400 watt Eminence speaker and my Mark IV short head.

For larger gigs I'll use my Recto 2x12 or my Marshall 1960 lead. It's always nice to use the Thiele with these cabs and put it on the bass players side for a massive stage full of guitar.

I got tired of lugging the halfback around for everything also and got myself a combo cab and a theile (both with EV's of course) and now I only have to take the combo to rehearsals and wedding type gigs and can use on the theile when I need some big bottom and of course the halfback is sitting on casters ready to rock bigger stages.

Thieles are great. I use one solo, with the combo speaker, or with a 4x12. They really add depth to your sound. I have an EVM in mine. I love the portability and flexibility of having it. From what I have been hearing, tte G-flex is another nice ported cab.

thieles rule..couldnt believe how big they sounded until joey b and jay indocrinated me..now I own two..ev and c 90 -nice combo-can run stereo thru them as well-have mk iv g system/furman/2:50 in rack..two thieles-mk powers one..2:50 is fed by satellite send to other thiele-huge tone in an easy to carry package-beats the hell out of lugging that 4x12 up stairs!!! :D enjoy!!

So would yall say I am safe to sell my hallf back cab? I have acouple offers I am considering for it, could turn it into either another guitar or a Studdio 22+. Or maybe save a little dough and turn it into a Mark III combo.

If I were still playing metal for a living I would never even consider being without a 4x12m but for blues, funk, jazz and fusion, which is what I do now, I dont really see using it.

Another Thiele lover here. I have the EVM loaded Thiele and it is amzing, really ...as good as is written about it. Tight but powerful bottom, clear mids, and defined highs. I do NOT like it as the sole speaker, but together with a warmer combo amp's speaker (like my DC5's blackshadow C90), it is an amazing combo. The Thiele cab really delivers as a huge tonal compliment to the amp.

Edward

Back