boosting a recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
noodles said:
Silverwulf said:
I could see the JJ's being a better fit with the V30 cabs. I thought Landon told me you hated JJ's. That hippie was probably sniffing paint thinner that day or something... :lol:

He must have wax in his ears. :lol:

I told him that JJ's are good tubes, but they are too dark for my taste. I never said I hated them.

Bah,I exaggerated. I do that. Get off it. :wink:

I've had my 808 for about a week and Im still blown away by this thing :shock:

super_dark said:
I had a maxon 808 and I thought it sounded harsh... I didn't really like it at all. Call me crazy, but I've found the best pedal with my mesa to be a Digitech bad monkey.. It has a Treble and bass EQ. Pretty transparent...

You might laugh, but I'd suggest trying it out. It does have some great advantages over other similar pedals.

I also use a homebrew germania (new one, with the lo/high switch). Adds a ton of trebly top end and snarl, while maintaining the bottom end. Fantastic pedal for a mesa.

im actually using a bad monkey with good results right now. escpecially for the $30 it cost.

I finally got my maxon od808 and it sounds great with my dual recto. tight and nice

noodles said:
Where you guys practicing at now? If you're going to be around in a few weekends, there is going to be a gathering at my place on the 18th. A friend will be in from out of town with his Rectoverb, I'll have my Roadster, Mike will have his Triple, and Siggy will have whatever I can get him to drag out. You and Landon should come out with your amps and some beer.

You guys should all plug them in at once and play "smoke on the water"

For boosters, I have a Bad Monkey and a HBE Germania (treble booster). Both are very cool pedals. Bad monkey is a steal at $50, and the germania sound fantastic at higher volumes (does some weird stuff at low volumes though).

super_dark said:
noodles said:
Where you guys practicing at now? If you're going to be around in a few weekends, there is going to be a gathering at my place on the 18th. A friend will be in from out of town with his Rectoverb, I'll have my Roadster, Mike will have his Triple, and Siggy will have whatever I can get him to drag out. You and Landon should come out with your amps and some beer.

You guys should all plug them in at once and play "smoke on the water"

For boosters, I have a Bad Monkey and a HBE Germania (treble booster). Both are very cool pedals. Bad monkey is a steal at $50, and the germania sound fantastic at higher volumes (does some weird stuff at low volumes though).

you got raped at $50

Latest posts

Back