boost for solos on a triple rec 2 channel??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredd_r69

Reaction score
Through much trial and error and advice from you guys I found a lead tone I love that coinsides with the rhythm tone I love but now I'm faced with the minor problem of getting the leads boosted above the rhythm (and no, I shouldn't have gotten a 3 chan.!) Does anyone have knowledge of a good boost pedal that won't f--- with my tone counterproductivly, like so many overdrive and distortion pedals seem to? Thanks for any help!

a tubescreamer also works well. It also works great for tightening up rhythem tones.

I use a smart people factory ego booster pedal - it can be usedas a variable bass or treble booster as well as a clean boost - which is what I use it as. I find it really great for solos, thickens things up but doesn't affect tone. v. nice.. 8)

http://www.smartpeoplefactory.com/

Analogman Modified Maxon Ts9......

Pedal is true bypass and really kicks a rectifier in the pants. I use the Maxon and also a BB Xotic preamp pedal but I tend to hit the Tubescreamer much more often for the mid boost that it gives.

There are tons of threads on this subject and both the Pedals I mentioned. Do some searching and good luck !

I hope that helps!

I have tried the tubescreamer TS9, I have a maxon OD808 but they don't BOOST. CUT and sweet tone? Yes but I need the extra push over a screaming loud drummer and blasting rhythm section when I take a solo. I'm gonna check out the ego booster pedal and pray. It's difficult to really trick out your tone man! I never expected this to be so challenging! Whew!! Thanks for all the advice!

my experience with a graphic eq ( MXR ) was, when I adjusted it to the point where it would actually boost anything, it would feed back like nothing else. Uncontrolable feedback, not musical feedback. I adjusted it every way I could think of. It was always too much or not enough.... Any advice on a specific brand of graphic eq??? Thanks.

yeah, the ego booster sounds great. I'll probably pick one up very soon. That's a big boost. Thanks!

Back