Boogie Rectifiers and reverb pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyc4

Reaction score
Ive seen some people with a reverb pedal (BOSS RV or Holy Grail) with their dual rectifier. Why? Not satisfied with the head's reverb?

How do you use reverb? Do you use it live? When? For solos?

The Dual Rectos that I see most often are the standard ones without reverb.

Only the older Trem-o-verbs and the still-in-production Rect-o-verbs have built in reverb.

yeh,dual recs dont have reverb,unless they are tremoverbs(which have both reverb and tremolo) or the rectoverds which only come in single rectifier setups,the reason for people using outboard reverbs is that there is no reverb on a dual rec

Euan

I use a EH Holier Grail, and I LOVE it with my rectifier....runs perfectly in the loop, and the tone is great! No trouble at all (I highly remmend it over the holy grail, which seems to have problems).

I use it for cleans, slow single not runs, and for some solos....gives it more body in the mix.

When playing live, is reverb used for heavy rhythm sutff?

Tool, Staind type stuff?

I like to use very light reverb to give my distored rhythm parts body.

I like light to medium reverb to give my distorted solo parts more presence.

depends what your after,adam jones from tool uses alot of reverb and delay for his sound,I would use both for different timbres,a reverb for cleans and rhythm sounds and a very short delay for lead work,nothing at all for long complex passages(you know the unison dream theater kinda stuff),just experiment with itn and see what you like
my freind who has a similar style to me hates reverb and delay,thats up to him

its about preference

hey Ibanez4life,,,or anyone for that matter who has used the
Electro Harmonix holier grail reverb,,I need to know if the holier grail is
9v or not? Also does it use that funky pronged connector ive seen on other EH pedals?
I just picked up a Boss rv-5 and it works fine with my setup but I believe I would like to try the holier grail before my 30 days is up to return the
rv-5 to GC.
The reason I ask about the voltage and connector is I am planning on using it in my pedal board,, if it will fit,,I cant find any dimensions either,,
with a 1 spot power adapter...All the pedals I currently use are 9v negative tip which makes my life extremely easy. I aslo wonder if anybody knows if visual sound 1 spot makes connectors for EH stuff?
Any help on any of these questions will help me out tremendously,,,,
thanks much

hey barneyc4,, to answer your first question I have to say without a doubt an added reverb pedal for me has been great. I own the rectoverb combo with the built in reverb but it is very lack luster. I mentioned in the post up above I purchased the rv-5 and this pedal alone blows the built in reverb of the ROV out of the water. For the $40 additional Im willing to spend it if I find the holier grail to be a superior pedal. Which im sure I will,,but a couple of other issues lie for me before I make the jump.
Anyways to answer your guestion like the guys above mentioned I like to use reverb with most all of my playing,,chord work and so on I find myself use a lot less,,it just makes it feel bigger,,an added depth to the sound. And for lead playing thats where I like it the best,its helped me the most so far along with an OD to achieve the lead sounds ive been looking for with my ROV.
gOOD LUCK TO YA

If I remember correctly, the adapter was 9V, but if I were you, I would use the EH adapter...many people tend to complain about noise on these pedals...I think it isn't the pedals, but the power sources they use.

It should work fine though.

Back