Boogie Mk 1 Reissue Noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjohung

Reaction score
I got a used MK 1 - Reissue.

I have tested at a low volume. Now I took it home and played at a moderate level and there is buzz noise. I am not sure what is causing this. Do you think it needs a new tube. Is there a step by step to troubleshoot why am I getting the buzz noise.

I am playing with a PRS Custom 22 "Bird" .. all my cables are Mogami or Monster Cables. My ultimate signal path is - Earnie Ball Vol -> Vox Wah -> OCD -> BB Plus. with TC Electronics - G-Major in the FX loop.

But I am getting buzz when I plug in the guitar direct without the effects.

I don't think I can take this amp to the gig...yet.. It was as is deal so ... I can't really complain. any suggestions?

ghj

Could be those overpriced monster cables. Yea nice big conductors are cool but for non line level guitar signals it's hard to push through. I've tried ones that act like an antenna compared to a cheap planet waves. Try using only Mogami and see if that helps. If not then I don't know? Does it do it when you have your guitar unplugged and the cable still plugged into the front of your amp at the same volume? Sometimes it's just really hot pickups that do it, or your proximity to the amplifier at certain volumes. If you leave just the cable in and get noise it's either the cable or the amp. If it goes away then it's your guitar. If you have nothing plugged in at all but leave the amp on at volume and it goes away then it's your cable, unless the amp has a grounding input that knows your not plugged in. Try some troubleshooting with that and any effects you use and their patch cables etc... I would start with swapping cables though.

Is it only when you plug the guitar in?

What happens when you turn to 10 across the board with nothing plugged in?

Have you tried different guitars and cables?

Thank you all..

I have returned MK1 and got MK111..

I wil post my comments as new thread..

ghj

You didnt say which jack you were plugging into.
Sometimes that input 1 jack can get noisy if it is dirty.
If you look inside you can see that it is a little different type than the normal input jack.

fuse blew today i lost the blown fuse what is the amperage

manual just say slow blow

Thank you...

Although I smell something burned - all post says that it could de just bad tube or improperly seated tube. Which I suspect is the case.. because I removed 2 tubes to replace the speaker cable.

Thanks.. all..

Back