• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boogie Mark Mk IIc+ 2c+ DRG SN1424X EV 12L Recent MB Service

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omwdc

Reaction score
I have a 2c+ for sale just back from Mike Bendinelli servicing - its a 1x12 combo in black - it is an original from the factory 2c+ - exterior cosmetic condition is very good with all knobs and sliders and no snags in grill or scratches on faceplate, just a couple tolex chips/scuffing - good condition wheeled roadcase is included (wheels missing rubber but still roll fine) - but the amp has had a hard life on the road - it was Hiram Bullock's amp and was on tour with the David Sanborn Band all over the world - I purchased it from a guy locally who was i guess their tour manager or something like that - he had a bunch of their equipment he was selling - anyway I didn't get any sort of documentation or authentication of it but I figure the value of this amp is intrinsic to itself more than who used it but interesting anyway - the roadcase is stenciled with Hiram's name and has a bunch of tour stickers - anyway the hard touring resulted in the amp having the simul-class transformer bracketing system, which is basically the final fold of metal over the transformer that flanges out with screwholes on the flanges and it gets screwed into the chassis by those - those pieces of metal snapped off from the transformer, so a metal cage was fashioned to secure the (original) transformer to the chassis - the metal cage achieves its function very well and the transformer is secure - but obviously a concern for someone who wants a perfect specimen. Also there was some correcting of the power board circuit required by Mike and team so I believe it ha previously been serviced by a non-mesa authorized tech - possibly Hiram's guitar tech - there is a burn mark on the power circuit board and when I received it there was some wiring that jumpered things around in there - anyway like I keep saying, it is just back from Mesa Boogie with all that corrected and restored to factory spec, but again the evidence of the previous issues are there on the circuit board, so not for the perfectionist - i have the documentation from the servicing which i will pass along - let me know if you are interested in the amp and I can send pics - in summary, its an all original, factory original, DRG 2c+ fresh from MB fully serviced and ready to go - if you can live with the couple of "internal cosmetic" issues, this could be the one for you!

Latest posts

Back