"boogie logo thiele" same dimensions as later?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halebox

Reaction score
Im looking for an early "boogie logo" thiele. Do these have same dimensions as later "mesa boogie" logo ones? Ive only seen a few on ebay and they appear a little smaller? Also is the 80's open back 1X12 the same as thiele? I just scored an open back and want a thiele to do mini stack only if same dimensions.

I think the new Thieles have the same dimensions as the old ones. The compact open back cabs have the same width as a thiele, but are not as deep. This should not be a problem if you stack the open back on top of the thiele.

halebox said:
Im looking for an early "boogie logo" thiele. Do these have same dimensions as later "mesa boogie" logo ones? Ive only seen a few on ebay and they appear a little smaller? Also is the 80's open back 1X12 the same as thiele? I just scored an open back and want a thiele to do mini stack only if same dimensions.

cho said:
I think the new Thieles have the same dimensions as the old ones. The compact open back cabs have the same width as a thiele, but are not as deep. This should not be a problem if you stack the open back on top of the thiele.
+1 cho is correct.
Old and new thieles have the same dimensions.
1x12's are less deep than a thiele and stack on top of thieles quite nicely.
Then add a short head on top... voila!

Latest posts

Back