Boogie II-A operating manual

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igfraso

Reaction score
Hi!
Does anybody have a copy of the II-A operating manual?
Thank you all in advance!

I have a IIA also, and haven't seen the manual for the original version of the Mark II. The IIB manual is available on Mesa's website. If you are looking for tube diagrams, do a search here...I asked that question a while back and was provided with some very useful information.

Thank you for your reply!
Can you retrieve that info or recall what type of search you did?
I must be an idiot but I couldn't find any info here.
Regards

Mark II tube diagram can be found in this thread:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30294

Mesa Boogie manuals are here:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/user_manuals.htm

Thank you, Snottyboy. But if you check the website, you will see there is no operating manual for the Mark II(A).

Anyway, I talked to Kris Dilbeck with Mesa Boogie who has been extremely nice and sent me a copy of the letter that was sent in the late 70's to the Mark II-A new owners.

During the weekend, I will upload it here if anybody is interested in it.
Regards

JimmyB said:
Snottyboy said:
Mesa Boogie manuals are here:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/user_manuals.htm
Unfortunately, Mesa's user manuals page don't include the IIa, which the OP was asking about. :(

Yes I realize that, and I mentioned that only the IIB manual is included on the Mesa site in a previous post. Since little info regarding the IIA seems to exist, I wanted to provide anything that Daniel might find helpful. :idea:

igfraso said:
Anyway, I talked to Kris Dilbeck with Mesa Boogie who has been extremely nice and sent me a copy of the letter that was sent in the late 70's to the Mark II-A new owners.

During the weekend, I will upload it here if anybody is interested in it.
Regards

I would definitely be interested!

I talked to Kris Dilbeck, with Mesa Boogie, and he sent me a copy of the letter that was sent together with the amp to the original Mark II owners.

Going by memory:
- Volume1: 4
- Treble: 9
- Bass: 3
- Middle: 3
- Master1: 2
- Lead Drive: 7
- Lead Master: 1
- Presence: season to taste (7?)
- Reverb: ditto (4?)

Regards

igfraso said:
I talked to Kris Dilbeck, with Mesa Boogie, and he sent me a copy of the letter that was sent together with the amp to the original Mark II owners.

Going by memory:
- Volume1: 4
- Treble: 9
- Bass: 3
- Middle: 3
- Lead Drive: 7
- Presence: season to taste (7?)
- Reverb: ditto (4?)

Regards

This is fairly close to where I've found "my tone" with my IIA.

This is where I currently have it:

- Volume1: 4 (pulled)
- Treble: 5 (pulled)
- Bass: 5
- Middle: 4
- Lead Drive: 5
- Presence: 5.5
- Reverb: off

I think the first thing to consider is where to set Volume 1 and Master 1 to get the overall clean/gain you are after, then work the Treble and Presence, and finally the Bass and Middle. I have the original JBL k-120 (I think) in mine and it tends to get spikey if the Treble is above 5.5. Thought I'd throw this out there for you. Let us know what you find.

Tim

Thank you, Snottyboy.
Are you playing with humbuckers that you pull out the Volume 1 pot (pull bright)?
Also, the Treble pullout (pull shift) gives you "a more robust sounding mid range"... according to the II-A operating manual.

By the way, have you tried running the amp on the 100 watt position and plugging the JBL into the 4 ohm jack? It will sound a little darker.
Sorry in advance if I am saying something stupid.
Regards

igfraso said:
Thank you, Snottyboy.
Are you playing with humbuckers that you pull out the Volume 1 pot (pull bright)?
Also, the Treble pullout (pull shift) gives you "a more robust sounding mid range"... according to the II-A operating manual.

By the way, have you tried running the amp on the 100 watt position and plugging the JBL into the 4 ohm jack? It will sound a little darker.
Sorry in advance if I am saying something stupid.
Regards

Yes, playing with HBs, using the 100 watt position, but plugged into the 8 ohm jack (for increased headroom). I can't say that my settings are permanent, though. Boogies are a tweaker's dream!

Latest posts

Back