Boogie gear in Janick Gers Rack.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbone

Reaction score
Go figure, I stumbled across a Boogie Studio Preamp in Janick Gers rack while watching some recaps of the current tour on Iron Maiden TV, on Maidens web site(for fan club members that's me LOL) they were talking to Janicks guitar Tech Justin and he was showing off some of Janicks gear and how they use it. So this rack is loaded with Marshall gear, and the kid says well we use a bunch of Marshall stuff, But this one up top is a Mesa Boogie which Janick uses for specifically for lead work on Hallowed be thy name Live. Nice to see one of the best metal songs ever gets the boogie treatment live in 2010.
http://www.janickgers.net/pages/principal.htm

Thanks it would be interesting to know what the settings are, if you have them handy.
I did notice the five band had a large boost in the middle frequencies when the tech was pointing to it. I don't have a pre but I'd like to play one soon if I can find one.

The pre is fantastic!!!..I want another as a "just in case"..lol

Well as I feared when I got home, I can't find the sheet I printed off with the settings. Now I'm second guessing myself if I just blew the pic up and tried wrote the settings down,or found them elsewhere. I'm sure they are out there. I'll poke around while at work tomorrow..lol

One thing I do remember is for me anyway, the settings where not usable with my setup. If I recall waaay too tinny/high for my liking. I would have been using it with it my GSP1101 (effects only).... like all patches/settings it always comes down to each players TOTAL setup,..but I still like to try anything 'cause you always have the chance of stumbling onto something that you may be able to sculp into your own tone..

I'll keep searching though,.I'm stubborn that way,.lol

Yeah Janicks tone is probably the brightest of the three Maiden guitarists.
I don't think it's any coincidence that Dave,Adrian and Janick each occupy a different tonal spectrum in the mix.
But they really do sound great together live it's just huge.

Latest posts

Back