Boogie #A355

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbalderrama

Reaction score
Just picked er up today.

Boogie, #A355. 60 watter in hardwood cab, Koa maybe?

Can anybody tell what speaker is in there? I don't think it's original.

The lead voice is amazing. Harder to dial in a crunchy rhythm sound that doesn't flab out a bit. For rhythm it sounds much better though through my Raezers Edge cab, which has a very clean, high power speaker.

Only two speaker jacks, which I'm guessing are wired in parallel?

boog_0004.JPG

boog_0007.JPG

boog_0010.JPG

boog_0011.JPG

Figured out that I can get a very nice rhythm sound simply by dialing back the volume on the guitar. I'm using a PRS with HFS pickup, and the HFS just seems too hot for this amp basically, but dialing the guitars volume back seems to help alot. Dialing back the guitar volume and leaving higher gain settings on the amp seems to sound better to me than leaving the guitar hot and dialing back the amp gain. Interesting.

BTW, anyone know what that speaker is?

I have no idea. Never seen anything like this.
But, as a clue, that number 67 might indicate an Eminence.

First off, that is a magnificent amp.

It is so nice to see a MK I with an EQ. The thing about early Boogie's is that you never really know how it was voiced or what speaker it came with. Not everyone wanted the JBL. The date code looks like the 32nd week of 1975 and may fit the production of the amp.
I agree with ifgraso. It looks like an Eminince basket. The solder joints look professionally done and old as well.

It's a great amp and it's just an amazing find.
You have one of the EQ MK I's.

the speaker looks like the same sort i once found in a old fender twin or was it a bassman..whne i say old i mean 1970's...so it could be one of them?...so what fender used..Eminince i beleieve it is...

Very nice find. Let me know when you get tired of carrying that heavy combo cabinet around. :wink: I would be curious if this amp has the 1/4" jack underneath the chassis to footswitch the Gain Boost and EQ. These amps can be upgraded with options, if you wish. My Mark I had the effects loop installed when I bought it nearly 20 years ago. When I sent it back to Boogie for a check-up last year, I had Mike install the Reverb option. I use an overdrive pedal very sparingly to get rid of the "flab". Some people may frown on modding a Mark I, but I don't plan on selling mine in this lifetime. Somebody find me some original front panel knobs!!!

DSC01723.jpg

DSC01725.jpg

JOEY B. said:
Very nice find. Let me know when you get tired of carrying that heavy combo cabinet around. :wink: I would be curious if this amp has the 1/4" jack underneath the chassis to footswitch the Gain Boost and EQ.

Nope, no jacks underneath at all. Other than the EQ, whoever ordered this thing originally went pretty minimal on the specs it seems.

EQ switchable would be cool to dial in the rhythm sound a bit better. Mostly I like the sound with the EQ switched out for lead though.

As someone said before the 67- in the serial# on the speaker says it is an Eminence.

Back