Bolt on neck or Set-in that is the question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar Neck Preference

• Bolt-on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Set-in

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Southernhell said:
A well made guitar built to very tight tolerances it will not matter what method of neck joint is used. You guys are talking about how much glue is used constructing the guitar eliminating sustain transference. What about a bolt on guitar that is using a 2-3 piece neck and a 2 piece body that is topped? Quite a lot of wood used there. More so than a neck through using quartersawn neck wood with body wings with no top. Both use more glue in construction than say a SG standard. Which sounds better? Depends on who builds the guitar, and to what tolerances the guitars are built to.

what about a bolt on thats just a 1 piece neck to a one piece body? just being the devils advocate plus, i voted for bolt ons

I vote set-neck and bolt here

My favorite bolt on is the ESP Kirk Hammett (the very first ESP sig model not LTD)

Also the PRS CE-22 (newer model-has a fat wide neck- I returned my CE-24 to get a CU-24)

One more bolt JPM 2 Ibanez

I prefer the set necks seems to have more sustain, more vibe, or something.. but I also like the EJ strats... Years ago I always played strats with emg's SA's with the 20db boast switch.. so if I had a not so good amp it would sound pretty good..
I guess I like them both... sets just a little more.

Latest posts

Back