Bogner Uberschall

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acidguitar

Reaction score
Does anyone have any bad comments relating to the Bogner Uberschall...? Wow, what an amp, been using one for a month now and it's the best thing I've heard.

My MTR sounds great (using KT77's), but the Uberschall sounds fantastic!!!

Yeah, Uberschall has some balls!!! I've had one for couple years now and I just bought one modded by Cameron and haven't had a chance to plug her in yet. I can't wait!

Hey, what did you get done to it? I have the latest model (revision Blue) and it sounds absolutely amazing straight out of the box.

I recently recorded out of an uberschall and an engineer that I'm friends with uses one as well and they're unbelievable.

I've been told, off hand, that "Bogners are basically severely hot rodded JCM 800's" Any truth to that?

I had a love/hate relationship with my Uber when I had it. I recently got a Splawn Nitro and it is everything that the Uber wants to be IMO.

Hongsta,
I'm also intrested in what type of Cameron mod your uber has, and how you like it. I picked up a Rev Blue Uber in Dec 07, and while I love the tone, I'm always lookin for more-symptom of GAS, I guess ;-)

also, to Tunedown, I don't have much experience with jcm800's, modded or not but do own a jvm410, and to me the uber sounds a lot closer to my 3ch DR than the marshall. I may be comparing apples to oranges, but I have heard the OD channels on the jvm described as similar to a hot-rodded 800. But as always with tone, YMMV, and I have no idea if the circuit design of the uber is similar to the 800.

Reinhold Bogner worked on a lot of Mesa's, Fenders and Marshall in his time before developing his own brand. Bogners, more so Shiva's are more of the hot rodded Marshall ilk, just like the Stilletos on the mesa side. Rectos are chalk and cheese compared to the Uberschall, totally different amps. I have both and the ability to dial in similar tones to each other are basically impossible. If you mod your JCM 800 with extra gain stages (inc. another 12AX7 etc..), it can sound good but gets a bit much, not EQable enough, you loose that ability and basically gets messy. The Uber on the other hand has been constructed to stay focused and has heaps of useable gain. No need for any TS9's in front of this amp the get a great lead tone..

XTC/Shiva= modded after Marshall and hot rodded.

Uberschall= designed to compete with recto's. Actually when designing the uberschall rienhold had a early dual recto, and it was driving him crazy because he couldnt figure out how it was so aggressive. Of course he eventually got it.

The uberschall is alot darker then rec's, but i can get the uber to sound almost like the recto, of course I have to up the the treble and mid's/presense.

The recto is just very aggressive, where the uber is smother, uber tighter and you dont need a pedal, however you put a pedal in front of that recto and it is to die for!

acidguitar said:
Reinhold Bogner worked on a lot of Mesa's, Fenders and Marshall in his time before developing his own brand. Bogners, more so Shiva's are more of the hot rodded Marshall ilk, just like the Stilletos on the mesa side. Rectos are chalk and cheese compared to the Uberschall, totally different amps. I have both and the ability to dial in similar tones to each other are basically impossible. If you mod your JCM 800 with extra gain stages (inc. another 12AX7 etc..), it can sound good but gets a bit much, not EQable enough, you loose that ability and basically gets messy. The Uber on the other hand has been constructed to stay focused and has heaps of useable gain. No need for any TS9's in front of this amp the get a great lead tone..

mhenson42 said:
I had a love/hate relationship with my Uber when I had it. I recently got a Splawn Nitro and it is everything that the Uber wants to be IMO.

What exactly does the uber want to be again? If it's supposed to be a recto, then why not buy a recto at 1/3 the price? To me, the splawns are something different and shouldn't really be compared to the Uber...but then again, I've only heard clips and not had the opportunity to experience one myself.

I loved my Bogner at first, now I am growing tired of the super compressed sound, seems even when I roll of the gain and turn the presence around I still cant completely eliminate that compressed character the amps produces, no fault of the amplifier though. I think I'm just GAS'ing for something else and will probably never be happy :eek:)

Back