blue stripe

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Blue Stripe the closest sounding to the C+ or are there other amps that are closer?

Well. Each amp is its own thing. The Quad Pre has BOTH preamp sections - Mk. III and IIC+. So they must be different enough for Mesa to include both as distinct sections rather than choosing one or the other.

BUT!

Their definitely in the same constellation of tone. To me - they sound very similar. But if you get a Mk III hoping to nail a IIC+ - you'll be disappointed - get a IIC+. If you get a Mk III for what it is (which is badass!) - you'll be stoked!!!

My buck 'o' five...

good because I'd be bummed if I finally landed a c+ and it sounded like either my 2a or my 3

DERP. Should've read your sig. Whoops!

Anyhow. The Blue Stripe Mk III is 'close,' I guess. But, in my estimation, a different beast than the IIC+ :)

i mean, you ask if it sounds "anything like a IIC+" and hell, I can make a mark I, IIb, III, IV sound somewhat like a IIC+.

The markIII has similar tonal "stuff" that happens when you play through one .
But the " StuFF " that happens in the IIC+ Is different and happens in a different tonal universe . UGC RP11 in the galactic catalog .
Luckily only some of it leaks through into our time line or people's heads would explode .

deadhorse.gif

Who know's ?
Ive considered doing the IIIc+ mod on my red stripe , but always decided against it . If it aint broke .....

I just know I'll find a IIC+ at a yard sale for 100 bucks . :lol:

Latest posts

Back