Blue Angel, possible Mojo Module rebuild....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had that same amp, purchased new in South Carolina, and it was definitely one of the best I've owned. I'm generally not a big fan of "the Boogie sound" (don't HATE it, though -- just not what I need most of the time), but that particular model really stands out among their lineup. Nice and simple (the exception being the dual power amp section, which is very cool), just the right power for most of my uses, and just the tone I look for. Sadly, I sold it during lean times, and the barbarians at FedEx destroyed it in shipping (insured, fortunately, but still -- you hate to see a fine item ruined.) I often used it with a Marshall PowerBrake for just a tad more control, but never actually use it to run 'wide open." I would typically set the volume up around 6.5-7, and use the attenuator to get the volume where I wanted it. Never had the slightest need for an overdrive or distortion pedal. If I'm ever again in the money, I would buy another in a heartbeat.

REALLY nice recording, btw. Nice phrasing, very tasteful, and, of course, great tone!

Joe

Latest posts

Back