Blown fuse... warmup?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon8822

Reaction score
is it possible to blow a fuse by instantly turning on my mark IV with all knobs maxed and playing through it without letting it warm up in standby first? If so, that would explain my blown fuse.

doubtful. If it has a rectifier tube, I'd look there first - they can have shorts that will cause a blown fuse.

ty

Devon8822 said:
is it possible to blow a fuse by instantly turning on my mark IV with all knobs maxed and playing through it without letting it warm up in standby first? If so, that would explain my blown fuse.
Standby warm-up has a greater effect on the power tubes. I could see where thrusting a dead cold tube into a full-power, "with all knobs maxed" demand could increase the likelihood of power tube failure, which could blow a fuse. Imagine starting your car in the dead of winter and holding the throttle full open. That type of stress really endangers the weakest link.

Seriously, did you do this on purpose? :roll:
I know I always dime the controls when I shut the amp off, just so they'll be ready the next time. :shock:
For kicks, try maxing out your gramma's TV volume, then turn it off with the remote. She'll get a laugh when she flips it on in the morning!
Surprise, surprise, Gramm-maaa!
Gramma?... Gramma?... :cry:

MrMarkIII said:
I know I always dime the controls when I shut the amp off, just so they'll be ready the next time. :shock:
For kicks, try maxing out your gramma's TV volume, then turn it off with the remote. She'll get a laugh when she flips it on in the morning!
:lol: :lol:

MrMarkIII said:

LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMLFAO I HAVE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD FROM A FORUM POST! that was good...

Back