Blowing preamp tubes in my Rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wired

Reaction score
I've had my Rectoverb (series 2) for about 7 months w/ no problems. About a week after I bought it (new), I replaced the position 1 & 2 preamp tubes w/ new Tung Sol's. Everything was fine until my 1st show with it last week. Half-way through the 1st set, when I changed channel 2 to the "Raw" setting (between songs, not while I was playing) my volume was cut drastically. The 12AX7 in position 2 had blown. I replaced it w/ the original tube that came w/ the amp & everything was fine for the rest of the night.

Turned on the amp for the 1st time since the show tonight & got nothing but crackling & noise. I put it on standby & removed the tube covers from the pos 1 & 2 preamp tubes to check them out. When I took it off standby, the tube in pos 2 started glowing a bright blue/purple. I swapped the 1&2 tubes & the same tube was still messed up when plugged into socket 1. Could this just be a coincidence? I've never blown a preamp tube in over 20 years & now 2 in the span of a week? Both in position 2? Has anyone had a problem like this w/ their Mesa amp? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back