Blink 182 settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terribleboy

Reaction score
Hello together,

I want to know which settings Tom Delonge uses on Enema of the state and Take off your pants and jackets!
Here is one thread about the same topic,

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13196&highlight=blink+182

but the picture doesn't work and I can't see the settings! I also know that I need the same guitar and pick up like Tom, but I don't need the exact sound! I only need something that sounds like Blink!
It would be very interessting to know, if Tom uses the Vacuum tubes or the Silicon diodes and if he plays spongly or bold!

Thank you very much and excuse my very bad English, please

terribleboy!

Ps.: I use a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with 3 channels! So it would also be helpfull to know, which channel Tom uses and if he plays modern, vintage or raw mode?

You can get close to his tone, but first he used a two chancel Triple rec, so there was no raw mode. He more then likley used red channel modern.

As to the rest of his tone, he also combined his Rec with marshall, I believe JCM900 that fed a 2x12 cab and the triple fed a 4x12 and he would mic both.

Then you have a strat guitar with a invader pickup which will also give its own unique sound.

terribleboy said:
Hello together,

I want to know which settings Tom Delonge uses on Enema of the state and Take off your pants and jackets!
Here is one thread about the same topic,

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=13196&highlight=blink+182

but the picture doesn't work and I can't see the settings! I also know that I need the same guitar and pick up like Tom, but I don't need the exact sound! I only need something that sounds like Blink!
It would be very interessting to know, if Tom uses the Vacuum tubes or the Silicon diodes and if he plays spongly or bold!

Thank you very much and excuse my very bad English, please

terribleboy!

Ps.: I use a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with 3 channels! So it would also be helpfull to know, which channel Tom uses and if he plays modern, vintage or raw mode?

Exatly that's the problem, you know! Thank you for your answer, but everywhere in internet, there is the same answer! He uses a..., ..., ...and....
But I only want to come as near as posslibe to his sound!

Latest posts

Back