Black Shadow 150w - an SRO?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lento

Reaction score
Was the Black Shadow 150w type ms-12 an EV SRO, forerunner to the EVM 12L? And was this a stock speaker for the 60w MkIIB

Anyone still playing through one of these speakers, and if so, how does it match up to the EVM 12L, or C90 ?

thanks
Lyn

lento said:
Was the Black Shadow 150w type ms-12 an EV SRO, forerunner to the EVM 12L? And was this a stock speaker for the 60w MkIIB

Anyone still playing through one of these speakers, and if so, how does it match up to the EVM 12L, or C90 ?

thanks
Lyn

I have several Halfback 4x12's loaded with each of the speakers you listed. The MS-12's are smooth and a little dark (some of the high are cut out). They sound really good being pushed and thats where the big bottom end comes in. The EVM12L's are very clear and flat sounding. Flat is not a bad thing... they are a bit brighter than the MS-12 and sound great being pushed hard. The MC90 is a Celestion, so it has that Celestion tone. Mids are colored and can be bright if not eq'd right. They break up faster than the other 2 listed and sound good being pushed. I like them for some things and not for others. Depends on my mood.

My favorite of the 3 is the MS-12....for Mark series amps.

[/quote]
I have several Halfback 4x12's loaded with each of the speakers you listed. The MS-12's are smooth and a little dark (some of the high are cut out). They sound really good being pushed and thats where the big bottom end comes in. The EVM12L's are very clear and flat sounding. Flat is not a bad thing... they are a bit brighter than the MS-12 and sound great being pushed hard. The MC90 is a Celestion, so it has that Celestion tone. Mids are colored and can be bright if not eq'd right. They break up faster than the other 2 listed and sound good being pushed. I like them for some things and not for others. Depends on my mood.

My favorite of the 3 is the MS-12....for Mark series amps.[/quote

Thanks guys, just about all I needed to know.

I just got an SRO and it I like it so far. It is similar to a 12L. It is actually louder than a 12L, I think. The spec sheet says 103dB compared to the 12L's 100dB.

My SRO is in a combo and the 12L in a thiele. I may switch them around and see how that sounds.

Latest posts

Back