Black Screw Sticking Out Of LSS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stu-LSS

Reaction score
I have a LSS and it's got a black screw with a Philips head sticking out about and inch just behind and between the first and second power tubes looking from the back, left to right.

Can anyone have a look to see if their LSS has one or does anyone know why it's there? I didn't want to mess with it because it's not loose and I'm worried it's holding something down inside?

It just looks wrong.

Stu.

My guess would be that the screw is purposed in holding the chassis into the back of the cabinet. There are long screws in the bottom of the chassis that screw through the chassis and into the cabinet-- :wink:

micah, i know what your saying but it's not one of the retaining screws

platypus, what does it do then? i'm intrigued

Hey Guys!

I've got an LSC with the same screw sticking out. Not to worry, it's an anti-vibration screw for the chassis. I believe all the Lone Stars have them.
So don't mess around with it :lol: I asked the same question a year ago when I saw it on mine.

Take care!

old-guy said:
Hey Guys!

I've got an LSC with the same screw sticking out.
Isn't that breaking the law of relativety : An object in two place at once => this same screw on stu-LSS's LoneStar is same screw on old-guy's LoneStar Classic.
4_12_3.gif
Sorry about being a wise guy, bored at work taking a break

Yep, it's completely normal. I called the support department last year regarding the same screw. If I remember correctly, they refered to that screw as the chassis tension screw.

So you're saying its a screw for relieving tension from your chassis? Now there's an idea...

Back