Black bag bottom of Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iFreedom

Reaction score
Anyone know what this black bag has in it? It has the black and white wires running to it and it is strapped down, but the strap seems to be screwed into the bottom. Could be a silly question.

+1 on the reverb tank. Look in any Mesa combo and that's what is in the black bag.

I should state, look in any Mesa MARK combo and that' what it is.

Thats actually where you stash your weed at gigs,

or its reverb.

:p
~mike~

And those roundy things on the front?
What'er they?!
Must be a jillion of 'em! :lol:

Ok, so I'm thinking, at least from the responses, and don't get me wrong here, but, I'm thinking it's the reverb tank.

So, what is that extra tube then?

iFreedom said:
Ok, so I'm thinking, at least from the responses, and don't get me wrong here, but, I'm thinking it's the reverb tank.

Spare.

iFreedom said:

FYI: the tank that people are talking about is a silver metal case containing three long springs, which are fed with the signal from your amp (through those cables you've seen) and back. This send and return takes place right before the effects loop send. The signal makes the springs shake, which is the reverb-effect you are hearing. This would be called analog reverb. Digital reverb, (processed by a digital processor (lots o' 0s and 1s :D )), would probably fit in a tiny chip. The "trails" (the reverb effect itself, without the original dry signal) are then fed back into the amp and mixed in with your dry signal with the Reverb knob.

:D

Mark Fore said:
+1 on the reverb tank. Look in any Mesa combo and that's what is in the black bag.

Nah, all the other Mesa combos have the tanks strapped to the bottom too (exept the Stiletto Ace). And of course the Roadster combo (which has a tuned closed back speaker section) has the tank elevated and attached in that little space between the chassis and the speaker section/cabinet.

Studio 22 combos have the tank, sans bag, mounted to the cabinet side.
Maverick 1 x 12 combos have the tank in the cab bottom, but no bag.
Caliber 50+ combos have an internally mounted tank, again, no bag.
"Where's Your Reverb?" It's a new game show on the I-Have-No-Life Network. :lol:

Octavarius said:
Mark Fore said:

Nah, all the other Mesa combos have the tanks strapped to the bottom too (exept the Stiletto Ace). And of course the Roadster combo (which has a tuned closed back speaker section) has the tank elevated and attached in that little space between the chassis and the speaker section/cabinet.

But, I am correct in stating that all Mark's have their reverbs attached this way? What's this "Nah" bs? :p

Latest posts

Back