Big Block 750 vs M-Pulse 600

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingdaisy

Reaction score
I was set on getting a BB750, but a few people have suggested that I might be happier with the M-Pulse 600.....just wondering what other peoples opinions are on these two?

I'll be travelling to try both in a few weeks, but I'd like to know as much as I can before I go in there.

there's something about the Big Block 750 that is just so appealing, I haven't even contemplated trying the M-Pulse 600. I just can't wait for the V12 (well, I suppose I can, as I haven't yet made the swich from Eden, i am totally holding out for that monster)

This head will blow your pants off. 2 channels very versatile sound for sure. Band never got off the ground and it's too much for me. $1250.00 or best offer.

Greg 585-259-0761

The MPulse has compression and the BB doesn't.
I have the 600 watt Venture head model, bought it before
the BB was released. I am very happy with it. If you
can try them out side by side, you could answer your
own question.

I've always been impressed with the M-Pulse stuff. Saw Prince 3 times in 2005, thats all that Rhonda Smith played and they sounded killer.

I was set on the Big Block 750 from the moment I saw a review in Bass Guitar Magazine. Power, Simplicity, and built in over-drive won me over from the start. Never even tried the M-Pulse 600, went straight for the Big Block. Not to mention the Big Block will run at 2ohms, while the 600 is rated at 4ohms.....Also the Big Block looks so much cooler.

I've used the m-pulse for about 6months now.
I've compared it to two bb 750s, one in the shop, and one that a friend owns, and I'm happier with my m-pulse.
The plain reason is that the extra 150watts don't mean that much to me since I don't need to go over half my strength with the m-pulse, the send me through the p.a. for larger gigs, but the two important things where the m-pulse kicks *** is the compressor and the EQ!
you can get just about any tone your heart desires, which I can't say for the BB750, so unless you exlusively play rock, or have cash to throw for another amp (SWR or Epifani or whatever), you're better off with the m-pulse!

Latest posts

Back