Best way to use rack tuner?, Dual Rectifier 3 channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MesieBooga said:
I'm wondering if pulling the Output knob might be tricky not to change the volume. :p
It's never been a problem for me.

ytse_jam said:
Wouldn't recording or slave out (if connected to the tuner, which constitutes a - very little - load) affect a little bit the main out (that's the signal path to the poweramp) since the signal coming from the preamp is feeding two different circuits instead of just the poweramp? I just want to know if it ideally works that way, then I figure it would be a barely noticeable (if noticeable) effect.

The slave out is tapped off of the Output Transformer (after the poweramp), not from the FX loop send. That's why you can't feed it (slave) back into the FX Return.

Dom

MesieBooga said:
jdurso said:
the way i used to do it before the roadster was with a morley aby switch..... just keep the korg on the mute function and you should be fine.... i think if your dont go that route just use the slave out.... the effect on your tone is so minimal, that only the super picky could find a difference.... i would try the ab switch first..... i'd try and find soemthing with a little quality like the morley or the radial switchbone.... i found some other "cheaper" switchers to suck the life out of any amp i was using.... the morley at the time was the best for the price but the radial products are awesome

How does the tuner out work on the Roadster? Is there a mute or something on the amp?

there is a footswitchable mute if you want to mute the amp while tuning but basically its tuner out on the roadster to the input of the tuner.... simple as that... great feature that you would not think useful until you have one

BigMesa said:
This is exactly why I ditched the DTR-2000. You can't mute it and I'm not buing a A/B box for it. Why would I put a switch on my pedal board when I can just put a tuner there instead? And I never have to walk across stage or turn my back to the crowd to tune. IMO rack tuners are a waste of money and a waste of rack space.

Oh and if anyone wants one I have the DTR-2000 for sale lol.

what type of gigs are you playing that you have to walk across the stage in order to tune? are you playing stadiums? ok just kidding but seriously if you run a rack with your amp a tuner makes sense there.... to me the less i have infront of me the better.... but to each his own

jdurso said:
MesieBooga said:
jdurso said:
the way i used to do it before the roadster was with a morley aby switch..... just keep the korg on the mute function and you should be fine.... i think if your dont go that route just use the slave out.... the effect on your tone is so minimal, that only the super picky could find a difference.... i would try the ab switch first..... i'd try and find soemthing with a little quality like the morley or the radial switchbone.... i found some other "cheaper" switchers to suck the life out of any amp i was using.... the morley at the time was the best for the price but the radial products are awesome

How does the tuner out work on the Roadster? Is there a mute or something on the amp?

there is a footswitchable mute if you want to mute the amp while tuning but basically its tuner out on the roadster to the input of the tuner.... simple as that... great feature that you would not think useful until you have one

Sounds like a Diezel rip-off. I had one on my Herbert. The best feature ever!

jdurso said:
what type of gigs are you playing that you have to walk across the stage in order to tune? are you playing stadiums? ok just kidding but seriously if you run a rack with your amp a tuner makes sense there.... to me the less i have in front of me the better.... but to each his own

Well I've played some pretty big places and I've played some tiny paces where the rack can't even be on stage with me and I can't even see it clearly where its at. I use to use a Boss TU-2, went to a rack tuner for a while, and now I've got the Korg Pitchblack and love it. For me I have to have things out in front (wah, mesa channel footswitch, midi controller, etc.) so it's not a big deal adding one more small pedal to my board. I mean I would've had to have a mute switch anyway but my biggest beef with the rack tuner was that
if I wanted to mute it I had to put it in front of my amp and not in the FX loop (parallel) and it sucked tone. But to each his own, I mean they wouldn't make them if people didn't use them.

Latest posts

Back